Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to anyone it may concern! Guys go show mom how much she means to you!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    I love my mom.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    My father was killed in a hunting accident when I was five. My mother had to raise me all alone on a miner's pension. We never lived the high life, but we never went without. She was the one there when I scraped my knee or was sick with the measels or mumps. Many times I snubbed my nose at her home cooked meals, opting to go with friends to the Pizza Place nearby. I would listen to her stories back then and think that there was something better that I could be doing at the time. With age grew appreciation and eventually, those homecooked meals and her stories became mainstays. Unfortunately, it came too late in life. Her health started to decline and the once strong woman was barely able to move. I took it on myself to quit work and take care of her full time. One of the most heartbreaking things she ever said to me came in the middle of the night. She needed help to get to the bathroom and when I got to her bedside, she looked up at me and said "I'm sorry to be such a burden to you." I explained to her that when I was young she did all that and more for me. She passed away on Thursday, August 28th, 2003. At the funeral, one of the relatives told me that no greater love for a son was ever had by a parent. I miss her more than words can say.

    Wishing all mothers on this day a Happy Mothers' Day.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    Mik_Mo
    Awesome post. I just got off the phone with my mom. I am so thankful that I can still do that. I will be thinking about you today friend.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #5
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    Amen, nice post mik.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GCHSBLUE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

    Good post Mik_Mo. My Mother passed away in '96. She was not only a Mother to me she was a friend. When I had problems in my life she could convince me everything was going to be O.K. It didn't change the outcome of the matter but it did give me comfort.

    Happy Mother's day to all the Mother's out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •